Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:17:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        arjan@jak.nl (Arjan Knepper)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Winbond chip (W6692CF)ISDN problems

Arjan Knepper wrote:

> > > I installed the newest version of i4b on a FreeBSD 4.1 release,
> > > configured and recompiled the kernel without any problems. But the new
> > > ISDN enabled kernel reports several errors and warnings:
> > >
> > > 1.) i4b-L1 dchan_receive : bad read status 0xb0
> > > 2.) i4b-L2 i4b_ph_data_ind : ERROR, I-frame < 6 octets!
> > > 3.) i4b-L2 i4b_rxd_u_frame : not mine - UNKNOWN TYPE ERROR, sapi =32,
> > > tei=0 frame= 0x81 0x1 0x17 0x0

Oh, oh.

"bad read status 0xb0" meand that a CRC error and a receive message aborted
condition was detected on the D-channel.

The _really_ bad thing about this is that error recovery is equal to zero
for this condition in the iwic driver. Frames with CRC errors must be
ignored and some chip dependent error recovery procedures must be initiated
both of which do not occur. This causes the other layer 2 messages to
occur.

This is definitely a driver problem, if someone wants to look at this before
i have time to do so, the message is generated in i4b_iwic_dchan.c ~line 373.
A datasheet for the chip is available from http://www.winbond.com.

Now i know why i couldnīt reproduce it here ;-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...