Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 14:40:58 -0500
From:      Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any reason why we don't use irqs above 15 on SMP systems?

Hi,
A while back I seem to recall that if you ran on an SMP system, that you
would end up with essentially 32 irqs. That doesn't seem to happen any
more. This particular motherboard (Supermicro P6DNE) is configured with
PNP OS set to yes. That is the only way I can get this box up and
running. Otherwise, it  assigns every PCI board irq 11, and a that
point, no interupts are comming through.

Thanks,

Lars

My mptable shows:

MPTable, version 2.0.15

 looking for EBDA pointer @ 0x040e, found, searching EBDA @ 0x0009fc00
 searching CMOS 'top of mem' @ 0x0009f800 (638K)
 searching default 'top of mem' @ 0x0009fc00 (639K)
 searching BIOS @ 0x000f0000

 MP FPS found in BIOS @ physical addr: 0x000fb860

MP Floating Pointer Structure:

  location:                     BIOS
  physical address:             0x000fb860
  signature:                    '_MP_'
  length:                       16 bytes
  version:                      1.4
  checksum:                     0x46
  mode:                         Virtual Wire

MP Config Table Header:

  physical address:             0x000f7bd0
  signature:                    'PCMP'
  base table length:            252
  version:                      1.4
  checksum:                     0x02
  OEM ID:                       'INTEL   '
  Product ID:                   '440FX       '
  OEM table pointer:            0x00000000
  OEM table size:               0
  entry count:                  23
  local APIC address:           0xfee00000
  extended table length:        8
  extended table checksum:      117

MP Config Base Table Entries:

--
Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model   Step
Flags
                 0       0x11    BSP, usable     6       1       9
0xfbff
                 1       0x11    AP, usable      6       1       7
0xfbff
--
Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                 0       PCI
                 1       ISA
--
I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                 2       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
--
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID
PIN#
                ExtINT   conforms    conforms        1     0
2    0
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     1
2    1
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     0
2    2
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     3
2    3
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     4
2    4
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     6
2    6
                INT      conforms    conforms        1     8
2    8
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    10
2   10
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    12
2   12
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    13
2   13
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    14
2   14
                INT      conforms    conforms        1    15
2   20
                INT     active-lo       level        1     7
2   16
                INT     active-lo       level        1     5
2   17
                INT     active-lo       level        1     9
2   18
                INT     active-lo       level        1    11
2   19
--
Local Ints:     Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID
PIN#

MP Config Extended Table Entries:

--
Bus Heirarchy
 bus ID: 1 bus info: 0x01 parent bus ID: 0