Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:01:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Anthony Rubin <anthonyrubin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advocacy Opportunity

Kuro5hin.org has started offering a very cheap
advertising service that could be used to reach a very
large audience.  Basically they are offering text ads
for $3 per 1000 impressions, with a 4000 impression
minimum.  Currently the ads are displayed on the front
page of the site.  They are allowing just about
anything within reason.  I'm sure we could come up
with some very creative ways to promote FreeBSD.  I
have started things off with 10000 impressions.  My ad
is pretty basic and just links to the FreeBSD project
main page.  I'll be looking into some more creative
ways to take advantage of this.  Any ideas?