Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:41:24 +0100
From:      "The MiP RvL" <the_mip_rvl@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   wicontrol vs ifconfig

Hello

I've been working on a patch for the wi driver.
http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/enh-sec-patch

This patch is against 5.0, and works; though has a few bugs.
It allows you to diable ssid broadcasting and to disable clients with a bla=
nk ssid.

The problem is that the firmware for the prism2 cards needed for this patch=
 to work, is not supported by 5.0.

Therefor I started working on 5.1 and because wicontrol is obsolete I start=
ed working on ifconfig, but I got lost in the forest of ifconfig and net8=
0211.

So, do I need to put this in ifconfig, eventhough this patch is not 80211 s=
pecific?
Is the net80211 in combination with ifconfig documented?

Roland van Laar
Volunteer WirelessLeiden.nl