Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:20:14 +1100
From:      Tony Frank <tfrank@optushome.com.au>
To:        Tuc at the Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
Cc:        tuc@ttsg.com
Subject:   Re: Whats the best solution?

Hi there,

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:25:41PM -0500, Tuc at the Beach House wrote:
> 	I want to be able to set something up where I can tunnel to a
> dedicated private server I have on the global internet, and route all
> my traffic through it. I want it to be the default route, and once they
> hit my end server, they then can be forwarded over the rest of the global
> internet.
>
> 	I need to be able to have the client be on dynamic IPs. I need some
> sort of an authentication. And most of all, something easy to debug would
> help.

I assume your client is running FreeBSD, the suggestions below will work
with other OS but the solution details will be up to you.

If you have a dedicated server someplace on the internet you should be able
to setup a tunnel to that server and route all your traffic through that.

Some tunnel options:
ipsec based vpn
gre tunnel (man 4 gre)
ppp over udp
ipv6 tunnel (check out /usr/ports/net/freenet6)
pptp (either through netgraph or ports pptpd)
l2tp  (ports l2tpd)

Should be something to get you started,

Tony