Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:41:20 -0700
From:      "O'Hara, Michael H" <michael.h.o'hara@intel.com>
To:        <freebsd-jobs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Job Posting

Please post the following job opening on your web site. Thank you.

=20

Mike O'Hara

   =20

Posting Title:   FreeBSD* Developer =20

   =20

Location:    Oregon, Hillsboro =20

Reference: 483013 =20

  =20

Department Marketing Statement =20

Intel is committed to designing leading-edge components for the desktop =
PC platform enabling consumer and business users to be more productive.  =
Employees in the Desktop Platforms group focus on designing and =
delivering solutions for the desktop PC, including processors, chipsets, =
motherboards, software and services. LAN Access Division (LAD) is the =
leading provider of wired Ethernet controllers in the world.   With the =
success of Ethernet being a preferred protocol in the Enterprise due to =
low cost and high performance, Intel is seeing Ethernet being adopted =
and expanding into other markets & applications which require Linux & =
Free BSD driver support. =20

=20

Responsibilities =20

For this position, Lan Access Division (LAD) is seeking an experienced =
and motivated driver developer with experience in FreeBSD* (Linux* or =
Solaris* experience a plus). In this position, you will be part of a =
team of Unix*-based OS developers enabling wired Ethernet products. Your =
responsibilities will include developing and delivering enhancements and =
bug fixes to current drivers and feature additions for future silicon =
and driver deliveries. In this position, you will also have a high =
profile position with LAD customers seeking solutions. This challenging =
opportunity will allow you to develop Ethernet controller drivers within =
the context of one of the most advanced software development processes =
in Intel under challenging release schedules.  The position also =
promises significant interaction with the customers and kernel =
development community.=20

Two items of particular interest for this position will be:=20

- The ability to assist customers in the characterization of the driver =
performance on both Intel=AE architecture servers and  embedded =
platforms=20

- Support customer custom driver issues which may utilize uncommon =
interfaces or non standard use of existing Ethernet drivers =20

=20

Qualifications =20

You must possess a Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in =
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with =
at least five years of experience in driver development in FreeBSD* or =
Solaris*. Strong background in Intel based PC architectures a must =
(including Peripheral Component Interconnect [PCI]/PCIX*/PCIe buses). =
Other vital qualifications would include:=20

- Strong C development background in open source or Solaris* =
environments,=20

- Experience in networking and Ethernet protocols. Understanding of =
server, networking, security and storage architectures & protocols. =
Including experience with analyzing network protocols to troubleshoot =
networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance =
solutions. TCP, IPv4/IPv6, DNS, DHCP.=20

- Strong verbal and written communication skills=20

- Ability to interface with customers, project managers and field teams =
to identify opportunities and help create solutions that achieve =
additional design wins=20

- Ability to grasp complex technical issues and quickly propose and =
deliver solutions=20

Important other experience would include=20

- Experience with kernel device driver concepts such as locking schemes =
and memory allocation=20

- Experience with FreeBSD* software development practices including use =
of standard FreeBSD* compilers and development tools, CVS and mail =
groups=20

- Experienced with debugging techniques and tools especially kernel =
debugging (gdb, kdb, mdb)=20

- Must be well versed in software development practices including =
testing methodologies and software quality metrics =20

=20

=20

Closing Statement =20

Intel only accepts resumes/CV's submitted to our web site.  To enable us =
to process your application, please submit your resume/CV to =
https://jobs.intel.com/jobs/jobs.iccw & search for Req #483013.  Please =
note the job title and location to complete your search and application. =
 Intel hires qualified candidates who are authorized to work in the =
U.S.-- that is, authorized to work without restriction as to a =
particular employer. This includes U.S. citizens or nationals, U.S. =
legal permanent residents, temporary residents granted legalization =
under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, asylees, and =
refugees.  For foreign nationals who do not fall in one of the above =
categories, we limit our hiring of persons requiring visa sponsorship or =
individuals currently on a non-immigrant visa (e.g., H-1, J-1, L-1, F-1, =
B-1, TN) to candidates at the MS and PhD levels (or those who have =
equivalent work experience) who are applying for positions for which =
there is a demonstrated shortage of qualified U.S. candidates. At Intel, =
we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and =
welcome diversity in our workforce, as well as in our customers, our =
suppliers and the global marketplace. Intel also values being a great =
place to work and strives to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace. =
Accordingly, Intel conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory =
completion of a drug screen (where allowed) and a background check. =
Intel does not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have =
not signed a formal fee agreement. Our supplier base is limited to =
specific hiring needs.  Therefore, any resume received from an =
unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Intel will not =
be obligated to pay a referral fee. =20

=20

To apply to this job: Navigate to https://jobs.intel.com/jobs/jobs.iccw =
& search for Req #483013