Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:18:07 +0000
From:      Massimo Masson <massimo@mail.studiomasson.it>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   wxWidgets problem

Hello.
I upgraded from 5.2.1 to 5.3. A couple of programs i wrote, based upon
wxWidgets, don't work anymore, and they exit with a core dump, no
traceback available.

These programs worked fine before the update, and currently work fine
under Windows, with the same versions of python and wxPython, so i
suppose it must be a freebsd problem, here is why i write here...

I have:
freebsd 5.3#0
and (all installed via pkg_add -r):
python-2.3.4_2
wxgtk2-2.4.2_4
py23-wxPython-2.4.2.4_2

I "debugged" manually with prints, and i found that the system core
dumps here:

[...]
from wxPython.html import wxHtmlWindow
[...]
         self.Overview = wxHtmlWindow(splitter2, -1, size = (400, 450))
         # here arrives...
         self.SetOverview(os.getcwd() + '/' + HTML_NAVIGATOR_OVERVIEW)
         # here doesn't arrives
[...]
     def SetOverview(self, html_file):
         '''Set the overview page to specified html_file'''
         # next line CORE DUMPS!!!  <<<-----
         self.Overview.LoadPage(html_file)
         # END of SetOverview

I've been searching for a while with google, but i haven't found
anything useful...
Has anyone some idea or suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance,
Max.