Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:37:22 -0700
From:      pierrelaroche <pierre.laroche@sbcglobal.net>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.2 on the HP i2000

    I finally succeeded in installing FreeBSD 6.2 on my HP i2000. The
installation took a long while since I am new to the IA64 architecture, and
EFI, but at last all is well. My questions now are,

1) Can I use ddb and kgdb to debug kernel code, as I have been able to do on
the x86 platform? Is that functionality expected to work on the IA64?

2) My machine has a single serial port, which is used by the console.
Therefore, I am assuming a need to add a PCI serial board to get a debug
port on both Itanium machines used for debugging. Is this assumption
correct?

3) Any other caveat, advise.. Before I purchase a second Itanium machine?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated,

Pierre.