Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:05:12 -0500
From:      Bob <bob@tamara-b.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rc.Local

--Sig_iNWowCKN.2XQkkh3LLyd9+K

Hi:

While running Linux, I would put things like:

/sbin/route add -net 87.5.0.0  -netmask 255.255.0.0 127.0.0.1 -blackhole

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local along with any "local" configurations I wanted.

Under FreeBSD, /etc/rc.d/rc.local does not seem to be an end-user rc
file IE, it does real start-up stuff, and is part of the base system.
=20
My Question: Where is the proper place under FreeBSD, to put truly
local start-up commands? Commands I want executed at the very END of the
boot process, and which are truly LOCAL?

Bob

--=20
/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign        -  Motor Vessel Tamara B
 X   against HTML email & vCards    -  http://www.tamara-b.org
/ \