Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:07:47 -0400
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jT <toyj@union.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 256-byte inode support

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 07:26:27PM -0400, jT wrote:
> hackers,
>
>     since tytso had updated ext3 -- i've noticed that i can't use my
> 265-byte inode ext3 drives -- is there any effort to update it?  If
> not -- if you know where i should attempt to start please let me know
> so i can start working on support (i have a few other people i know
> interested in this) -- thanks and hope everyone is well

There was a PR submitted for it and eventually a patch added to the PR.
I've tested the patch given in the URL at the port and it works.  We
will start to see more of this as the newer version becomes more common
in the wild.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/124621

Would be nice to see this fixed in 7.1 but it may be too late for that.

-- WXS