Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:29:10 +0100
From:      Christiaan Keet <keet@plig.net>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, 'Vince Hoffman' <vince@unsane.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: ftp.uk.freebsd.org doesnt have FreeBSD mirrored

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:53:16PM +0100, Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
> [...]

So we built a new mirror server, which promptly ran out of disk
space available on its 2TB array. Seems I underestimated things
slightly :)

The new-new ftp.uk.freebsd.org is now up and running and happily
updating itself with 5TB of free space remaining - about 3/4 of
the way through the rebuild of its data. I trust that will hold for
a while.

Any pointers as to how we can regain rsync access[1] to a master site
please?  Emails to ftp-master@freebsd.org[2] on 6, 29 July and 29 Sept
have so far gone unanswered.

- CK

[1] That's the contact address you get from the banner when doing
rsync rsync://ftp-master.freebsd.org/

[2] I know the banner asks to use cvsup instead, but seriously - I
had it running for days on end and it didn't get very far. Suggesting
that rsync really is still preferable for main mirrors[3]

[3] Once we have rsync access restored, I'm more than happy for
people to mirror off us as well. We'll be a full mirror again,
updating daily and bandwdth is cheap :)