Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:43:01 +0200
From:      sojdaa <sojdaa@iem.pw.edu.pl>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD SVN repository mirror with local branches ability

Hello

Like in the subject, I want to install SVN FreeBSD repo mirror and would
like to have the possibility to create my own branches, that will be merged
with synchronized local mirror. I've done this using svk after reading the
subversion primer: http://wiki.freebsd.org/SubversionPrimer, but I'm
wondering if there's any other possibilities to do this and avoid using
perl, because svk is a set of perl scripts. I wanted to keep the whole
system as simple as possible. I read some topics about git, mercurial and
communication with svn, but these are other versioning systems.
Unfortunately svnsync can create purely read-only mirrors. Is there any way
somehow to use only svn tools, like svnadmin, svnsync, but combine them to
create a mirror with write capabilities or there is no sense in trying
other tools than svk?

Thanks for any help!

Arek