Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:24:26 +0200
From:      Jose Garcia Juanino <jjuanino@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade to Xorg 7.5 keeping xorg-server in 7.4

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

Hello,

After upgrading to Xorg 7.5, I have the the same problem as described in

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2010-June/009907.html

Well, only a little difference: my laptop is a Dell Latititude D505, and
pciconf -lv gives:

vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x01631028 chip=0x35828086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82852GM/GME/GMV/PM, 855GM/GME Montara Integrated Graphics Device'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

As far as I know, there is no workaround (except the one described in
the mentioned thread). I need to upgrade to Xorg 7.5, but keeping
xorg-server in 7.4. Will I run into some problem with this approach? Is
safe to upgrade Xorg to 7.5 apart from xorg-server, keeping it in 7.4
version? The actual version of xf86-video-intel is 2.7.1, and works well
with Xorg 7.4. Only crashes with version 7.5 of xorg-server.

Thanks in advandce, and excuse my poor english.

Best regards

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--