Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:46:20 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=C3=A9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xen PV Networking issue - disable PV NIC in XENHVM FreeBSD?

--On 11 February 2014 18:20 +0100 Roger Pau Monn=C3=A9 =
<roger.pau@citrix.com>=20
wrote:

> You could try to disable the following:
>
> ifconfig xnX -rxcsum -txcsum -tso4 -lro

As a follow-up to this, using:

  ifconfig xnX -rxcsum -txcsum

Does actually fix the problem. I finally got a block of time to go through=20
all this stuff again the other day [it's amazing what difference actually=20
having a decent chunk of uninterrupted time makes!]

You do need to be careful when setting this - as at one point, it seemed to =

cause some kind of issue that may have flooded the network (if it did -=20
this would be the second time we've seen a XenServer DomU flood things by=20
jabbering the same packet over, and over).

-Karl