Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2017 22:49:29 -0400
From:      Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Determine availability of AES, PMULL, SHA1 and SHA2 on 64-bit ARM?

Hi Everyone,

On Linux I can check for the presence of optional cpu features AES,
PMULL, SHA1 and SHA2 using getauxval(3). It works for both Aarch32 and
Aarch64. Also see "When to use AT_HWCAP or AT_HWCAP2",
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2017-08/msg00012.html.

I'm not having any luck determining the sysctl's to use for the same
under the BSDs.

How do I determine availability of AES, PMULL, SHA1 and SHA2 on
FreeBSD? If possible, I'd like to know how to look this stuff up on
FreeBSD since I am getting poor search results.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff