Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2017 09:16:11 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 10 to 11 sendmail compile issues..

From: Howard Leadmon <howard@leadmon.net>
Subject: Freebsd 10 to 11 sendmail compile issues..
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 19:22:40 -0400

> I have the following flags in /etc/make.conf:
> =

> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=3D -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=3D2 -DDNSMAP -DSTARTTL=
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=3D -L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LDADD=3D -lsasl2 -lssl -lcrypto
> =

> =

> =A0So I trhought OK, simple enough looking at the error and changed t=
his
> over to the following:
> =

> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=3D -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=3D2 -DDNSMAP -DSTARTTL=
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=3D -L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LIBADD+=3D sasl2 ssl crypto

It seems you intend to link base sendmail binary with library that is
installed by security/cyrus-sasl2 port. If so I think following steps
are required.

1. Temporarily comment out all sendmail related settings in
   /etc/make.conf
2. Rebuild operating system and upgrade from 10.3 to 11.1.
3. Rebuild all installed ports on 11.1.
4. Enable settings again that is disabled at step 1 and rebuild base
   sendmail.

To be honest I'm not sure if step 4 succeed. But it is quite possible
that linking binary for 11.1 with library built on 10.3 causes
unpredictable trouble. So you should keep above steps anyway.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA