Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2021 09:32:18 -0700
From:      Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11/nvidia-driver update to 470.63.01 seems to break GK106GLM [Quadro K2100M]

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 1:36 PM David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 01:32:19PM -0700, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> > See if it is reproducible with a 13 or main kernel, there is a locking change
> > which may interact differently on the different branches so that would
> > be a good thing to know.  This may need nvidia help since the error
> > seems to be deeper in the blob, they have a support forum where you
> > can link your report to start that.
>
> I had encountered (very!) similar results on
> head@main-n248984-08b9cc316a31 (from yesterday), so I believe it is thus
> reproducible.

Can you attempt to build run it with this in your make.conf:
WITH_DEBUG_PORTS=x11/nvidia-driver

Just as a sanity check please make sure you are building the port
against the exact kernel sources that will be booted with the above.

If there's a chance the shim code is involved we have a shot at doing
something or finding a better lead.  Otherwise your best bet is to
report it to nvidia support forum.  There is a report of a successful
outcome on a Kepler architecture card so it seems you are encountering
a more specific bug than HW generation and I'm not sure what to expect
yet.

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/c/gpu-graphics/freebsd-solaris/147