Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2021 08:48:51 +0000
From:      "Dave Cottlehuber" <dch@freebsd.org>
To:        "MANAV KUMAR" <manav1811kumar@gmail.com>
Cc:        virtualization@freebsd.org

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021, at 15:15, MANAV KUMAR wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a final year cse undergrad, new to this list. I'm really interested in
> understanding the virtualization techniques being adopted. I've a knowledge
> of implementing basic techniques which I've learnt while implementing xv6
> locally, now looking to learn more in it.  Can somebody please give me a
> head start by telling what we are focusing upon.
> Thanks
> Manav

Welcome, Manav.

Your question is very broad, and you've posted it to a couple of lists.

In general, there are 4 places you can go, to get more information on
FreeBSD development. Which area is most active depends on each community.

## wiki

- FreeBSD wiki https://wiki.freebsd.org/ has a lot of developer-focused info,
  not always up to date, usually points you to where-ever a group is most
  active. e.g. -
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevSummit/202106 <-  see the youtube links for videos
   from last developer virtual summit a couple of weeks ago

## patch review

- phabricator where patches go for community review. Many teams have a specific
  reviewers group. You can sign up, and join, the bhyve group there, for example:
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/project/profile/65/
  there are other ones for docs, ports, etc, as well.

Specifically for bhyve:

- ARMv8 implementation - https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26976

- Snapshot Save and Restore multiple devices - https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26387

- Using JSON format for saving and restoring the state -https://reviews.freebsd.org/D29262