Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:56:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald@FreeBSD.org>, Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RBPI3/4 onboard Wifi status

------=_Part_34612_196881058.1682197016766

Van: Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
Datum: 6 april 2023 15:55
Aan: Ronald Klop <ronald@FreeBSD.org>
CC: freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Onderwerp: Re: RBPI3/4 onboard Wifi status

>=20
> Im testing RBPI 3/4 capturing data from some sensors using MODBUS=20
> running FreeBSD and default Raspberry PI OS (Debian).=20
> >=20
> > Didn't read any news on this for a long time. So I think nobody is work=
ing on RBPI WiFi. Sorry.
>=20
> Its too bad we dont have support for on-board wifi.
>=20
> Bjoern, if Im not wrong started the work on this part. Havent heard anyth=
ing.
>=20
> FreeBSD seems more stable for my tests than Debian/Raspberry PI OS. I hav=
e several
> crashes from Debian using Wifi. No crashes from FreeBSD but using wired c=
onnection.
>=20
> Really appreciated if anyone else can share any light on this.
>=20
> Cheers,
> Stefan
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

I=E2=80=99m wondering if the Linux kpi Wifi driver framework can help here.=
=20

Regards,
Ronald

------=_Part_34612_196881058.1682197016766

yle=3D"margin-left: 5px; border-left: 3px solid #ccc; margin-right: 0px; pa=
dding-left: 5px;"><div class=3D"MessageRFC822Viewer do_not_remove" id=3D"P"=
><!-- P -->
<!-- processMimeMessage --><div class=3D"TextPlainViewer do_not_remove" id=
=3D"P.P"><!-- P.P -->Im testing RBPI 3/4 capturing data from some sensors u=
sing MODBUS <br>
running FreeBSD and default Raspberry PI OS (Debian). <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Didn't read any news on this for a long time. So I think nobody is wor=
king on RBPI WiFi. Sorry.<br>
Its too bad we dont have support for on-board wifi.<br>
Bjoern, if Im not wrong started the work on this part. Havent heard anythin=
g.<br>
FreeBSD seems more stable for my tests than Debian/Raspberry PI OS. I have =
several<br>
crashes from Debian using Wifi. No crashes from FreeBSD but using wired con=
nection.<br>
Really appreciated if anyone else can share any light on this.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Stefan<br>
<hr>
------=_Part_34612_196881058.1682197016766--