Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:11:53 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable/14 dropping ssh connections to FT232 usb-serial adapter

So, if I understand correctly, the general structure here is something =
like:

RPi4B: ssh to RPi2 v1.1 #0 (to invent simple naming).
. . .
RPi2 v1.1 #0: tip ucom (which gets to RPi2 v1.1 #1)
. . .
(Does each RPi2 v1.1 get its own ssh session too? If yes: all from the =
same RPi4B?)
RPi2 v1.1 #1: tip ucom (which gets to RPi2 v1.1 #2)
. . .
(ssh session to RPi2 v1.1 #N ?)
RPi2 v1.1 #N: tip ucom (which gets to RPi2 v1.1 #0)

(An accurate/complete indication of the sessions/connections
command sequence for the set up could be useful.)

As I understand, you are seeing the ssh session abort, not just a tip
session abort.

An interesting test might be having another ssh session paired with
each one that does a remote tip --but that is not used for any tip
or other activity beyond sitting at a shell prompt. The question for
each paired ssh session would be:

A) Do both ssh sessions of the pair fail/abort at the same time?
B) Does only one? If yes: is it always just the one that had used tip?

So, a comparison/contrast test.

As I remember, there were notes about avoiding special character
sequences from getting special interpretations for ssh. That sort of
thing could be important to both ssh [-e none] and tip [-n] for
testing if that avoids some problems.

I've no clue if "tip -n -v" might report anything interesting around
a failure (via the -v).

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com