Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2023 08:18:44 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <developer@lorenzosalvadore.it>
To:        YooKyung-tak <stonegaze@me.com>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I think I might have a mistake... : pushing directly into main branch (freebsd/freebsd-doc in GitHub)

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 at 4:58 AM, YooKyung-tak stonegaze@me.com wr=
ote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I think I might have a mistake. :(
>=20
> After pulling request _index.po and _index.adoc files in ko branch of fre=
ebsd-doc, I have pushed two files into main branch directly.
>=20
> /documentation/content/ko/books/handbook/basics/_index.adoc
> /documentation/content/ko/books/handbook/basics/_index.po
>=20
> I knew that.. I should make a branch for Korean language and pushing my r=
esult. And then I should request merge into the main branch.
> But I didn=E2=80=99t know that I have a permission to upload at main bran=
ch directly.
> Of course I completed proofreading twice. But I wonder if I twisted all o=
ther contributors work.
>=20
> Please check.
> Thank you
>=20
> KT, Yoo
>=20
> Regards.

I believe you are a new contributor and not a committer, so you have no wri=
te access to any
official repository indeed (not yet). Looking at the logs, I do not see any=
 commit pushed
by you: there is only one commit authored by you but pushed by dbaio, which=
 is
https://cgit.freebsd.org/doc/commit/?id=3D27d94b6609ca3075a6a976758a394fbde=
7e92be5

Maybe you have forked the repository on GitHub and pushed the main branch o=
n your own fork.
In your fork on GitHub, you have full write access and you can do whatever =
you want, without
affecting the official FreeBSD repositories.

Thanks for your contributions,

Lorenzo Salvadore

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?ZNhlubMbyX8bkFSRViF7zq7BigkAdORErSgS_pikGz_0DG_ICUZpalmBkcgHjBLEHTeZXUyH2M0oNKXdZFZvh3H2RHVf5Kk_8EARsUATMBU=>