Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2021 10:42:38 -0800
From:      Brian Buhrow <buhrow@nfbcal.org>
To:        Roger Pau =?utf-8?B?TW9ubsOp?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Missing MAC addresses for domu VM's

	hello.  In looking into this further, I discovered that the bridges on NetBSD have the
same issue, that is, you can't have the same MAC address on the dom0 side as the domu side.
However, I'd like to suggest that the NetBSD solution to the problem is more elegant in that it
is possible to track domains solely based on netstat output and their MAC addresses while, at
the same time, being able to derive both the front end and back end  MAC addresses for a given
domain by reading the MAC address from either side.  I'll quote the comment and the relevant
line of code from
sys/arch/xen/xen/xennetback_xenbus.c in the NetBSD source tree.  Is there any reason this
solution wouldn't work in the FReeBSD case as well?  If it would, it would be nice to see MAC
addresses return to netstat  -i output for xen virtual interfaces.

-thanks
-Brian

	/* we can't use the same MAC addr as our guest */
	xneti->xni_enaddr[3]++;