Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2024 08:00:00 -0600
From:      Kyle Taylor <kyle.a.taylor@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-enterprisewg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Introduction and Scientific Computing Workstream for the EWG

--0000000000009003910615096acf

Hey Morning All -

My name is Kyle Taylor. I'm a software engineer working in precision
agriculture in Colorado (US). I work on microservices design and machine
learning and drone / satellite imagery analysis for companies out of St.
Louis and Kansas City. I'm a FreeBSD user (and advocate) and I'm new to the
enterprise working group. Looking to help out where I can.

I reviewed the notes from the last call and think there are several
workstreams you all are pursuing that are spot-on and align with work in
enterprise scientific computing: OCI support (podman); Bhyve management and
orchestration; FreeBSD CUDA/OpenCL support, in particular. Might pro-offer
better coverage in ports for Python 3.11/3.12 (or native anaconda) and
statistics software for stan/pytorch/xgboost/catboost as well.

Anyway, I appreciate the work folks are doing for enterprise compute. I
plan on attending the calls for the EWG where I can. If there are other
folks here pursuing work with FreeBSD for scientific computing, I'd be
interested in giving some time to pursuing this as its own workstream under
the EWG.

Thanks - Kyle

--0000000000009003910615096acf

software engineer working in precision agriculture in Colorado (US). I work=
 on microservices design and machine learning and drone / satellite imagery=
 analysis for companies out of St. Louis and Kansas City. I&#39;m a FreeBSD=
 user (and advocate) and I&#39;m new to the enterprise working group. Looki=
=3D"auto">I reviewed the notes from the last call and think there are sever=
al workstreams you all are pursuing that are spot-on and align with work in=
 enterprise scientific computing: OCI support (podman); Bhyve management an=
d orchestration; FreeBSD CUDA/OpenCL support, in particular. Might pro-offe=
r better coverage in ports for Python 3.11/3.12 (or native anaconda) and st=
atistics software for stan/pytorch/xgboost/catboost as well.</div><div dir=
re doing for enterprise compute. I plan on attending the calls for the EWG =
where I can. If there are other folks here pursuing work with FreeBSD for s=
cientific computing, I&#39;d be interested in giving some time to pursuing =

--0000000000009003910615096acf--