Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 17:26:19 -0500
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Barracuda woes

In lists.freebsd.chat you write:

>>My Barracuda just quit on me today taking a large chunk
>>of this month's work with it.
>>
>>Major, heavy-duty sigh.
>>
>>Can someone with a similiar experience tell me how seagate
>>was able to miraculously restore their data. Please.

>I heard about companies specialized in this. They take the disks out of the
>damaged drive (in clean rooms) and place them in a new drive, for example.
>They can also recover disks from burnt computers etc.

>I have no addresses, though.  Sometimes there are advertisments in "Byte",

About 80% of our Barracuda drives have gone south, I would highly recommend
against buying any of them.  Lately we've been having good luck with Connor
4207S drives, fast, and much cheaper than the seacrates.

-Crh
--

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/