Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 1995 09:10:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jdli@CCCA.NCTU.edu.tw (醉生夢死 無言以對)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [0412-SNAP] missing libcompat.so.2.0

As 醉生夢死 無言以對 wrote:

> 	I just installed 0412-SNAP, and found my old programs out of work
> 	due to missing /usr/lib/libcompat.so.2.0.
>
> 	Is it been removed (like libgcc.so.261.0) ?!

I guess nobody thought about this.  It's been removed, but unlike with
libgcc.so, the linker would start to link against this one as soon as
you put it back into /usr/lib again.

Perhaps you can put it at some other place and make it only known
via ldconfig.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/