Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 21:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        core@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weeding /usr/src/share/FAQ

The directory /usr/src/share/FAQ is being phased out, replaced
with /usr/src/share/doc/FAQ and /usr/src/share/doc/handbook.  As
such, the following is a list of the current contents of
/usr/src/share/FAQ with items that have been incorpored into
either the handbook or the FAQ marked with stars (*).  If there
are no objections, I will remove the files.

Files marked with a ? are things that may very well contain
incorrect information with regard to recent snapshots, 2.0.5, and
ultimately 2.1.  They should be reviewed and edited, or removed.

Text/
  CONTRIB.FreeBSD
* FreeBSD.FAQ
? HW.TROUBLE
  MIRROR.SITES
? README
  REGISTER.FreeBSD
? RELNOTES.FreeBSD
  ROADMAP
? TROUBLESHOOTING
  UUCP_Internals.FAQ
* ctm.FAQ
* current-policy.FAQ
? diskspace.FAQ
  kernel-debug.FAQ
* kernel-memory.FAQ
* mailing-list.FAQ
* nfs.FAQ
* ports.FAQ
* ppp.FAQ
* slip.FAQ
* slip_server.FAQ
* submitters.FAQ
* sup.FAQ
  systems.FAQ

These files may be cannidates for moving elsewhere.  Maybe
somewhere in /usr/src/share/examples?

extras/
  ports-supfile
  standard-supfile

And should we drag these around with the distribution, or just
leave them lying around for anonymous ftp on wcarchive?

FreeBSD-1.X/
  FreeBSD-1.1.FAQ
  Systems-1.1.FAQ

-john