Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 1995 00:29:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Another DOS FS glitch report

Problem:  Lock up during DOS filesystem activity

System build (last week's current):

FreeBSD io.cts.com 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0:
Sat Feb 11 14:28:01 PST 1995

Mounted my C: drive on /mnt with mount_dos.  Was FTP'ing a 2.5MB file
over the LAN to my FreeBSD system onto the DOS filesystem.  Got about
50% into it, then decided to pull a directory listing on the directory
(/mnt/tmp).

1.  Never got a response -- cursor just hung under the command line.

2.  Could not kill the ls process from another xterm.

3.  Tried to umount /mnt and locked up my last xterm.

4.  Switched to a system console (Alt-Ctrl-F1) and entered my login
    name at a waiting getty.  Pressed Enter and cursor locked on
    the next line.

5.  Hit Alt-F4 to get back to X to see if anything changed, and at
    that point, the whole system became unresponsive at the console.

6.  Could not telnet over the LAN to it.

7.  Had to do a hard reset.