Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:30:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jan E Backlund <back0003@gold.tc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mouse and printer questions

I can't get the mouse going.  There is no tty00 entry under /dev.  In the
README.X11R6 for FreeBSD, it suggests getting the device info that was
detected on booting and then double checking this against the /dev
entries.  I don't know how to correlate

	sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq4 on isa

with anything in the /dev entries. How are they connected?

I'm also having trouble with the printer.  I have an HP Laserjet 3
connected to lpt0.  It is detected at boot time.  I have an lpt0 entry
under /dev.  When I try to redirect to lpt0 (just to see if it is
working) by, for example, typing ""cat /etc/printcap > /dev/lpt0", I get
a device busy message.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I really like the network configuration script.

Jan Erik Backlund
back0003@gold.tc.umn.edu