Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 95 20:17:09 EST
From:      Dennis Forbes <dforbes@suspects.com>
To:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing 2.0.5A

	I finally managed to acquire all of the binary files for the
2.0.5 Alpha release (which, considering I'm on a link getting 700cps at
BEST, 250cps and worst, 600cps average, it was quite a monumentous task
getting the 14MB).  This morning, at the peak of anticipation I tried to
install (using just the binary install option):  No luck.  At 15%, I
start getting chksum errors with a message saying something of the sort
"stand/cpio checksum error - 123849 bytes skipped..." or " directory : ls
cannot create".

	I had a funny feeling (;^)) while getting the files (over a
period of four days) that the files were actually changing...  These
files weren't updated within the same release were they?  I certainly
hope not!

	If I have a corrupted file, is there any way for me to find which
one it is?

	Thanks very, very, very much.
	dforbes@suspects.com