Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 1995 00:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with WIDE drive

> <problems with CONNER CP31050 1.05GB 160D deleted>

> I haven't had the oportunity to play with one of these devices before.
> Does it behave the same way if you disable wide negotiation, sync
> negotiation, or disconnection?  Target Busy status can occur in many
> different situations... do these occur when you are doing transfers
> between two devices, or just I/O to/from the conner?

If I disable wide, sync, and disconnection the target busy messages
come out faster and in greater volume.  They system also froze.

The errors happen at about the same rate, going from the same CONNER
to CONNER, or from NARROW device to CONNER.

The errors also occur reading or writing to the CONNER.

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com