Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 01:31:03 +0100
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Known working DAT drives

Darryl Okahata (darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com) wrote:

>      How about if people posted info on DAT drives that *DO NOT* work
> with FreeBSD.  All DAT drives that I know about will work with FreeBSD,
> but I imagine that there's some obscure drive out there that won't.

(ncr0:4:0): "HP HP35470A 9 09" type 1 removable SCSI 2
st0(ncr0:4:0): Sequential-Access
st0(ncr0:4:0): 200ns (5 Mb/sec) offset 8.
density code 0x13,  drive empty

[Asus SP3G, onboard NCR]

The machine is running 2.0.5-RELEASE and it is not possible to use
it for a backup with amanda (the machine always crashes in the middle of
the backup). Even the suggested `mt status' workaround did not help.

I hope these problems will go away with 2.1.

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de |  http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"