Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:12:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Robert Du Gaue <rdugaue@calweb.com>, Robert Watson <robert@fledge.watson.org>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ****HELP*****

Unfortunately, only the easiest files to configure are setup by the
novice config option.  Things such as UUCP, sendmail, INN, etc -- the
programs that can take hours or days to properly configure -- are not
handled by the novice config.

It would be better if the installer would just:
 1) Overwrite older versions of programs with the newer versions
 2) Delete any obsoleted programs (and preferably make symlinks to the
    newer ones)
 3) Add new files to existing system

John Goerzen, programmer and owner   | MICRO$oft only exists because some
Communications Centre & Complete BBS | people are too dumb to get something
E-mail jgoerzen@complete.org         | better, such as FreeBSD.