Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 08:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        emulation
Subject:   Re: SCO cross compiler

> > It's difficult to use the original compiler if you don't have one, and
> > they're not cheap.  Somewhere I have a complete GNU development
> > environment which I built some time ago, and which I could package up
> > if anybody's interested.  It includes the GNU C library, fixed to work
> > with SCO.  I'll see if I can download it cheaply enough (Internet
> > access costs me an arm and a leg).
>
> Huh...  Say, that reminds me!  Walnut Creek CDROM had someone working
> on a project a long time ago to provide a full GNU/BSD development
> environment for SCO on CD, something which would allow users to skip
> the bootstrap stage entirely.  There seemed to be reasonable demand
> for such a product, but the author's premature demise (or so it's
> rumored) kind of put a crimp on the whole enterprise. :-)

I can't tell whether you know the full story or not, but the :-)
suggests that you do.  Yes, that's me, and I'm still working on it.
The stuff I'm talking about is part of the CD-ROM.  What it really is
is a full set of freeware tools and programs for SCO, rather like the
System V.4 CD-ROM I brought out a few years ago.  The delay was caused
by the emetic development environment and the problems it entailed.
But it's going to be finished Real Soon Now.

Greg