Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 15:30:20 +0100
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is FreeBSD with EIDE-harddisk(s) possible?

Is FreeBSD with EIDE-harddisk(s) possible?

My FreeBSD-bootdisk which works perfectly with an IDE-harddisk refuses to
boot with an EIDE-harddisk. It just hangs the computer completely without
doing anything at all.

I have read the FAQ and all installation-documents and it seems only IDE and
SCSI are supported, not EIDE. Will EIDE be supported later or should I
upgrade my motherboard and get rid of the EIDE-card?

Thanks for your time!
Peter Olsson                   Email: pol@leissner.se
Leissner Data AB               Telnr: 0520 - 490 511  direkt
Box 912                        Telnr: 0520 - 200 00   v{xel
461 29  TROLLH[TTAN            Faxnr: 0520 - 200 89