Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 1996 23:40:40 -0400
From:      "Brian D. McGlothlin" <bmcgloth@mail.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DAT for sure!

First of all, let me thank all of those that sent comments/suggestions to
the DAT or removable post.  Now let me run this by you folks.

An adaptec 1522 card (availability and win95 compatability)
and an HP C1534 2.0 GB 4mm DAT drive.

If you'll pardon the deviation from FreeBSD-Hardware subject matter I have a
couple of questions about the SCSI card and software.

Dirt Cheap Drives seems to have decent prices for both of the above items:
$589 for the drive and $139 for the kit ($79 just the card).  Does it matter
that much that this is a 16-bit card?  Should I purchase the "kit" to get
adaptec's drivers and whatever other goodies/junk may come with it?  I also
am wondering what software I will use to backup my win95 drive (default
win95 backup program[no experience with it but I expect it to be a joke] or
some 3rd party software such as NovaStore's Novaworks)???

Again, all input is greatly appreciated!

Brian D. McGlothlin
bmcgloth@mail.vt.edu