Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 12:41:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hardware)
Subject:   Working PCMCIA/CD-ROM/Modem/ethernet?

I have a laptop.  Not wanting to repeat earlier mistakes, I want to get
a PCMCIA cards and devices that will WORK with my o/s of choice without
having to go to a lot of extra bother.

So . . .

I have a "one Type III or two type II" PCMCIA on my machine, a
Prostar 9400.

Questions . . .

  - Are there differences in PCMCIA slots on the machine that might
    possibly render the FreeBSD drivers unusable regardless?
  - If so, how can I find out if they wil work?
  - What versions of FreeBSD support what cards?

And, most centrally,

  - I'd like to know of the exact brands being used by anybody who is
    actually running FreeBSD (preferably production versions) with a
    PCMCIA card or cards with the following devices attached:
      - CD-ROM (essential)
      - 28.8 modem
      - ethernet

Thanks.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger, the Man from Babble-On.

"Someday I'll get around to importing all the cool quotes from my other
account's .sig files."      http://mercury.interpath.com/~babbleon