Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 18:00:49 +0800
From:      mayd@maths.uwa.edu.au (David May)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GNU Finger Installation.

I have just tried installing the GNU Finger 1.37 which came with my FreeBSD 2.05CD-ROM. There were a few problems.

+ Minor compile errors due to incorrect declarations. These were fixed.
+ finger installed as per install notes. I think I set up /etc/services and
  /etc/inetd.conf and rc.local correctly.

Problem: finger reports that I have never logged in, have no mail.
( I renamed GNU finger to gfinger.)

By the way I altered the configure setup to omit procfs as there is no procfs.h
header file.

Question: are there any known problems with GNU finger. Has anybody installed
it successfully? Or is it just my installation attempt thatwas wrong?

Thank you for any information you can provide.