Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 22:36:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD SCSI Users' list)
Subject:   mt

Hello,

I've looked at  Linux's mt-st package and   it seems that  it supports many
more things that ours... Here is the README

This directory contains a mt program for Linux. This mt originates
from BSD NET-2. Some Linux SCSI tape-specific ioctls have been added
to the original source and the man page has been updated. Although
this mt program is tailored for SCSI tape, it can also be used with
the QIC-02 driver and hopefully with other Linux tape drivers using
the same ioctls (some of the commands may not work with all drivers).

The support for controlling of the compression for DATs is
experimental. It seem to work with my HP C1533A but may not work with
other drives.

Is there any chances to have some of these merged in our mt (especially the
last part about the DAT) ?

in the Sunsite mirrors in system/Backup:

-r--r--r--  1 roberto  staff  9977 Sep 15 15:16 mt-st-0.2.tar.gz

BTW, I've tried to edit the compression field of the 0x10 page with scsi(8)
and the patch Jörg  posted for scsi_modes (it  hasn't been put in current I
think) but this field was not available...

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Jan 14 20:23:45 MET 1996