Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 11:52:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Archive Anaconda Tape drive 1.35GB && Adaptec 1542CF

As Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	i sent a detailed description of the drive to freebsd-hackers
> 	(or was it questiosn?) around march 13th.

Perhaps we should start a ``Tape drive FAQ''?  Many people are
confused about the different tape drives, their subtleties (like for
the Anaconda, or the switches on the HP-DAT), their relative technical
merits, and the status and quality of FreeBSD supporting the different
kinds of drives.

--
cheers, J"org