Date:      Mon, 6 May 1996 19:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Phillips CDD 522 Works!

Hey Folks,

A week ago I promised (in -current, I think) to try a Phillips CDD 522
CDR with the new wormcontrol software.  I've returned from afar and
finally had a few minutes to unite my PC with the CDR.  (P-133, NCR scsi,
16MB, Quantum Atlas 2.1 on same SCSI bus.)

It works!  I had to call the CDD 522 an HP 4020i, but it seems to work
great otherwise.  For the sake of completeness, I'll include my little
script at the end of this missive.

This is cool.  My $3500 PC can now replace an expensive YMI server!

I'm going to run it some more and see if anything pops up, but I'm not
too worried.  One thing I did on a whim -- I found this line in LINT and
figured I needed it:

	device worm0 at scbus?  # SCSI worm

Do I really need this?  I compiled it in, seemed clear I was going to
need it.

Anyway, thanks, tally ho and all that,

Brian

mkisofs -d -a -N -l -R -T -v -A "This is a Test" -P "Written by BH" \
   -o /home/handy/filesystem.iso /ys/ucon/soft
wormcontrol select HP 4020i
wormcontrol prepdisk double
wormcontrol track data
rtprio 5 team -v 1m < filesystem.iso | dd of=/dev/rworm0 obs=20k
wormcontrol fixate 1