Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 09:54:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Subject:   Re: Archive Viper not correctly identified.

As John Fieber wrote:

> Regardless, a more informative comment at the head of the quirk
> list describing the policy, and mentioning the fact that the
> manufacturer, model and revision fields are 8, 16 and 4 bytes
> respectively would be helpful to future quriklist maintainers.

Since you are going to commit a change in this area anyway... do add
this comment. :)

Btw., this changes is potentially also valid for the -stable branch.
Alas, 2.1 didn't use the exact same quirk semantics as we do now, so
this one will be quite a bit more work.  John, tell us if you are
_not_ going to do it (so someone else can do it).

--
cheers, J"org