Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 18:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog>
To:        scsi
Subject:   Setting disk sector size?

A friend of mine just turned up with a Tandem disk drive (looks for
all the world like an IBM :-) which has 514 byte sectors.  He also has
another one with 516 byte sectors.  By all accounts we can change that
to 512 with 'scsi -m 3 -p 3 -e', except that the driver gets all
uptight about the 514 byte sectors and doesn't get as far as reading
the mode page.  scsiformat can report the format, so there must be
some way to do read the information, and I suspect there's also a way
to set it.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Greg