Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 96 18:25:04 JST
From:      akiyama@kme.mei.co.jp (Shunsuke Akiyama)
To:        tsbarry@nortel.ca
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, peter@taronga.com
Subject:   Re: Drive with 1024 byte logical blocks

b a <barry> writes:

> 	The changes that John Gumb and I came up with modify
> 	far less code then this patch. Is this patch fixing
> 	extra problems that we missed?

That was my version of UFS with 512/1024/2048 byte/sector media patch.
It's support VM fix using mmapped access, but not support DOS-FS.

> 	Further you have not patched fdisk or newfs that seem to
> 	be critical to getting a ufs file system onto a disk.

I'm only using /sbin/disklabel, but never got a problem.
/sbin/fdisk ..., humm, it's not worked for 1024/2048 byte/sector
media.
--
Shunsuke Akiyama
Kyushu Matsushita Electric Co., Ltd. Fukuoka, Japan.