Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 18:51:00 +0100
From:      Panos GEVROS <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        salo@msc.edu (Tim Salo)
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Efficient ATM card.

there was no problem report, i was trying to use HARP2 a couple of months ago,
-in the first attempt it didnt work and i didnt pursue it any further,
-i'm afraid I cannot help you with more details because it was some time ago
and immediately afterwards i tried Cranor's  driver and that did.

We are simply  looking for rate limiting on the PVCs , it would be  very
desirtable feature, because we are using the FreeBSD box as the endpoint of a
wide area ATM connection which has a rate limit set, without some traffic
shaping at the end host nothing gets through (except for very-very high rate
limits)

For our purposes, just configuring things from the command line or from a
start up script is sufficient, an API though seems very interesting feature.

Panos