Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 97 06:53:40 UT
From:      "Dan & Julie Aalberg" <danialaa1@classic.msn.com>
To:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing a 3c503 NIC

hello all,
	I am new to FreeBSD and am looking forward to working fully within the  UNIX
environment.  OK, enough sucking up...

I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a 486-66 system.  I now want to config my
3Com 3C503 NIC to work on the net here at home (coax).  When I plug in the
card, the kernel stops with a fatal error and reboots every 15 seconds.   I've
tried different I/O ports and Mem locations but no go.  The systems boots fine
without the card.

I know the card works because I've had it in a Windows 3.x environment.  I've
changed GENERIC for the card to be at 0x280 and 0xD8000.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

Dan