Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:19:23 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

As Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> >Or a working doscmd.  For instance. :-(
>
> We do have a working (more or less) doscmd.

Well, that's good news.  Why don't we integrate them into the tree?
3.0 is highly experimental these days, so it's the right time to add
yet another experimental feature.

> Exactly *what* do you think BSDi could have done to make it easier, ...

Nothing.

> they gave us the source code to doscmd, some kernel code, and dealt with the
> questions we asked them about it?

This was just my point.  Terry expressed his doubts about BSDi handing
out things from their sources, and my point was that they indeed were
helpful in the past, but too few of our developers popped up.

> You want a working doscmd, show some interest.

I'm not very interested in doscmd myself.  I probably wouldn't even be
able to do much with it.  However, i know that many users are asking
for it.

>  Despite many, many messages
> by myself and msmith, nobody has come back with, "Thanks for doing this, I
> was able to do something I needed to do with it!"

Yeah, "Thanks for doing this!" :)  No, i can't confirm that i was or
would be able to do something with it... but i feel bad that we didn't
get further with it yet (and that is clearly neither your or msmith's
fault, get me right!).  Well really, with so many people asking for it,
get it into the tree, and let others test it.

--
cheers, J"org