Date:      Sun, 04 May 1997 10:04:40 +0200
From:      Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.stuyts.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Philips CDD2600 bug ??

> As Paul van der Zwan wrote:
>
> > Yesterday my Philips CDD2600 CD-R arrived. After adding the worm driver
> > I have been able to access CD-ROMS in it. (Haven't tried burning one yet)
> > Weird problem is that only the first access succeeds.
> > If I mount a CD it is OK, if I umount the CD I have to open and close the
> > drawer to be able to mount it again.
>
> This sounds as if the device responds with a ``Not ready'' later.
>
> Which version of FreeBSD are you using?

-current , cvsupped and built yesterday ( may 3rd)

On booting the kernel shows the following about the Philips.

worm0 at scbus0 target 4 lun 0
worm0: <PHILIPS CDD2600 1.07> type 5 removable SCSI 2
worm0: Write-Once
ahc0:A:5: refuses synchronous negotiation. Using asynchronous transfers

If you need more info , let me know.

	Paul

--
Paul van der Zwan		paulz@trantor.stuyts.nl
"I think I'll move to theory, everything works in theory..."