Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:59:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new command: doconfig

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Brandon Gillespie wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to add this as a new command to FreeBSD.  I mentioned it a

> > I use sometimes SCO, and there is (almost only :-) one thing that I liked:
> > curses-driven program to tune running system parameters (such as mbufs,

> > sysadmin's tool for tuning system's parameters. What do you think?

> Modularity :)
>
> I think a kernel configuration subsystem is fine on its own, as a single
> module.  Later somebody can easilly wrap it in a more general kerneltuner
> program (which tunes and configures), but there is no reason to over-do
> one thing in complexity... (IMHO)

Seems OK. There is a question of consistent user interface, though. Do you
use libdialog? I remember there was discussion on the subject of using/not
using it. What I don't remember is the final conclusion... :-)

Andrzej Bialecki

abial@warman.org.pl  | if(halt_per_mth > 0) { fetch("http://www.freebsd.org") }
Research & Academic  | "Be open-minded, but don't let your brains to fall out."
Network in Poland    | All of the above (and more) is just my personal opinion.