Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:09:10 +1000
From:      Joel Sutton <sutton@aardvark.apana.org.au>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handbook addition for 10.5.5.5. Floppy drives

Greetings,

Could someone please consider adding the following to section
"10.5.5.5. Floppy drives" of the handbook. I have tried to keep
within the format of the rest of the document but I can re-write if
necessary.

Thanks muchly, Joel...

[SNIP]
Colorado Jumbo 350

The boot message identifier for this drive is "Colorado tape".

This is a floppy controller, minicartridge tape drive.

Native capacity is 125MB for the 307.51' tape and 170MB for the 425'
tape without compression.

Data transfer rate is 500Kbps.

The drive is compatible with 307.51' QIC-80 tape cartridges with the
current version of the ft driver. It is possible to use 425' tapes
with a patch to the kernel source. Please email the reporter if you
wish to try the 425' patch.

Reported by: Joel Sutton <sutton@aardvark.apana.org.au>