Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 19:54:08 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Some doscmd keyboard fixes

Hi,

I tried doscmd this weekend for the first time and I am amazed. It is
already very usefull. I have a 84-key keyboard, so I make use of the
arrows etc. on the keypad. This did not work. I will attach fixes
for that. With those fixes I could get the Topspeed C compiler to
work (I use it for 80188 embedded code). Now if I can get my EPROM
programmer to work, I don't need to go to DOS anymore. :-)

What are the issues involved to access certain ports directly? For
example to get my EPROM programmer to work.

Is there kernel patches for -current somewhere? My machine at home
is running -current and I would really like to play with it there.

Will the vm86 kernel code and doscmd make it into the FreeBSD source
tree? I think it is very usefull and would be glad if it can get
into -current and even in 2.2.x later.

Thanks to everyone who helped make doscmd work.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za